Micro Magnetics' high vacuum magnetic thermal annealing system. It can be used to enhance the performance of spintronics devices, magnetic materials and components. The system is fully automated with unlimited user defined recipes. Magnetic components such as thin films and devices in different shapes and forms can be thermally treated in temperatures up to 700 C and in a strong and uniform magnetic field up to 0.4 Tesla. All in a high vacuum environment or inside a special gas with a selected pressure.
- The high vacuum chamber is made of stainless steel. It's equipped with a front door that seals against a Viton O-ring. Standard ports include pumping port, roughing and vent ports, heater/temperature sensor feedthrough port, current feedthrough port for internal furnace, and ports for vacuum gauges. Three spare ports are provided on the side walls for future use.
- A 6-inch viewport on the front panel of the vacuum chamber is provided.
- The system comes with a metal frame to hold the vacuum chamber. The frame is equipped with casters and leveling pads.
- Standard 19-inch wide electronics racks for housing all of the electronics components of the system, including power distribution, power supplies, etc.
- Two pieces of 6-inch NdFeB magnets are mounted on soft-iron magnetic frame structure designed for magnetic field enhancement.
- Magnetic field is up to 0.4 Tesla with 2% magnetic field uniformity over a 2" sample cartridge.
- Enclosed sample metallic cartridge box capable of holding ten 2" silicon wafers.
- Integrated and surround heaters for sample cartridge box capable of 450 C with temperature uniformity of better than 1.5%.
- Built-in thermocouple to monitor interior sample cartridge box.
- Thermal isolation unit using Ceraseal to prevent heating the NdFeB magnets.
- The standard system also includes: Temperature controller with programmable annealing profiles, power supply for sample cartridge heater, pumping system capable of generating high vacuum level, gate valve between the pump and the vacuum chamber, mechanical pump with oil-mist filter, thermocouple high vacuum pressure gauge, and low vacuum gauge.
- Safety features includes an EMO button on the front of the main electrical rack and interlocks.
- Semiconductor devices
- Spintronic devices
- Magnetic recording media
- Quantum computing devices
- Base vacuum: 5 x 10^(-7) Torr
- Maximum wafer diameter: 2 inch
- Number of wafers: 8
- Maximum temperature: 490 C (standard), 700 C (optional)
- Temperature uniformity: 1.5%
- Magnetic field strength: 0.4 Tesla
- Magnetic field uniformity: 2% (2 inch)